Magic Loop Training Device
Your Magic Loop Training Device
is designed to enable you to "reshape" your swing with highly effective
muscle memory training that really
works! The specs below probably make this project look complicated - but
believe me it isn't. Just about anyone can put this thing together, including
you. The beauty behind it is that all the materials can be purchased
inexpensively at any hardware store (it's just PVC piping, elbows and
couplings) and the whole thing can be put together and taken apart very
The "blueprint" below and the "Magic Loop" videotape should be everything you need to
assemble this apparatus successfully, but I do want to give you some tips:
During actual training sessions:
- Watch the video "Bobby Schaffer's Magic Loop" several times so you completely understand the concepts behind this simple training device.
- Do not use glue! You'll want to be able to disassemble the apparatus.
- Vertical pipe (A) can vary anywhere from 10 inches to 21 inches depending on what's comfortable to you.
- Pipe (B) can vary from 4 inches long (for person approx 5 foot 6 inches) to 8 inches long (for person approx. six foot 5 inches).
- 50 inch pipe (C) (representing your Swing Line) lies perpendicular to your Target Line.
- The line along the tips of your toes (Stance Line) is open at a 30 degree angle to your Target Line.
- 15 inch pipe (D) lines up parallel with your Stance Line.
- Line up a club or a stick along your Target Line.
- Use your new training device with a shorter club (Irons 7, 8, 9 or a Wedge), for best results.
- If you're trying to follow this without first watching the video, you may find it a little confusing. Again you MUST watch the video a few times at which point you'll find that the Magic Loop Training Device set-up and its use to be extremely simple to understand.
- This apparatus is very popular for many reasons, including that its incredibly effective at "viscerally implanting" a reshaped swing into the muscle memory. But many people are also thrilled with the fact that it can be used indoors. Yes, it's great for those rainy or cold winter afternoons! Good luck with your new "Magic Loop" Training Device, it will make a huge difference in your game!